The WVU Hazing Prevention Task Force & Hazing Prevention Week
Schedule of Events:
- All Day: Click here to take an online learning module on hazing prevention called "PreventZone!"
- 7:00pm: Watch a screening of the educational program "Love, Mom and Dad" sponsored by the national Anti-Hazing Coalition. Register at this link!
- All Day: Wear Purple in honor of those who have been victimized by acts of hazing.
- 7:00pm: Join us for a Hazing Prevention Round Table discussion and Kahoot Game sponsored by the Student Government Association and Office of Student Engagement and Leadership! Prizes will be given away! Click here to join the Zoom meeting!
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
- 7:00pm: Click here to join a town hall meeting with WVU officials discussing how hazing is investigated, addressed and prevented at WVU!
Thursday, September 24, 2020
- 11:00am: Join the staff of WellWVU as they showcase "wellness on wheels" on the Evansdale Campus. They will have plenty of anti-hazing resources available for distribution.
- 7:00pm: Screening of the movie "HAZE" by the Gordie Center at the University of Virginia. Register at this link!
Friday, September 25, 2020
- All Day: Show your Mountaineer pride by using the hashtag #MountaineersDontHaze on your favorite social media platform. By doing so, we will be able to see how many WVU community members decided to commit to the eradication of hazing across student life!
WVU's Hazing Prevention Task Force
Hazing is a criminal
act in the State of West Virginia and counter-intuitive to the mission of West
Virginia University. In an effort to increase an active awareness and
understanding of hazing in the University community, the Hazing Prevention Task
Force exists as a collaborative body of faculty, staff, and students committed
to strategizing the intentional eradication of hazing at West Virginia
Current Members of the Task Force
- Dr. Matthew Richardson, Director of the Center for Fraternal Values and Leadership, Chair (Staff)
- Sabrina Cave, Executive Director for Student Enrichment (Staff)
- Katie Moore, Assistant Director of the Center for Fraternal Values and Leadership (Staff)
- Dr. Thanh Le, Director of Student Engagement & Leadership (Staff)
- Wes Thomas, WellWVU (Staff)
- Marion Holmes, Director of Adventure WV (Staff)
- Steve Smith, Assistant Director of Student Conduct (Staff)
- Phil Scott, UPD (Staff)
- Nathan Dorschner, Interfraternity Council (Student)
- James May, National Pan-Hellenic Council (Student)
- Amaya Jernigan, Student Government Association (Student)
- Devin Price, Student Government Association (Student)
- Hanna Wright, College of Law (Student)
- Jack Wellener, Club Sports Federation (Student)
- Dr. Benjamin Silverberg, WVU Medicine (Faculty)
- Heather Lockwood, Senior Director of Field Operations, Delta Chi International Fraternity (Consultant)
- Zach Lepperd, Director of Fraternity Growth, Beta Theta Pi International Fraternity (Consultant)
- Joe Logan, Customer Care Manager, Shared Services (Staff)
- Chris Schmoldt, Associate Director of Campus Recreation (Staff)
- Stephanie Calhoun, Coordinator of Intramurals and Club Sports (Staff)
- Kimberly & TJ Burch (Parents)
- Rickie Huffman, Mountaineer Parents Club/University Relations (Staff)
- Charles Forrester, Student Conduct Officer (Staff)