The West Virginia University Fraternity and Sorority community is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive community for all. We believe that creating an inclusive community is essential to the fulfillment of the mission of both the institution and our organizations.
The West Virginia University Greek community promotes each member's commitment to the following:
- I will promote a fraternity and sorority culture that is receptive to and appreciative of the diversity of the West Virginia University student body;
- I will recognize that appreciating diversity means valuing the elements of life that make me and my fellow Mountaineers different from one another;
- I will foster open dialogue, respectful discourse, and an appreciation for differing opinions, views, lifestyles, and values;
- I believe in self-evident equity of all members and I will cultivate brave and safe spaces for my fellow members.
- I will support the work of anti-racism and the elimination of prejudice within myself, my organization, my University and my community.