LeadershipThe West Virginia University Greek community is dedicated to developing strong leaders through a variety of leadership experiences. Being a member of a fraternity or sorority provides opportunities to lead your peers through chapter committees and leadership positions, council and community-wide leadership positions, and attendance at local, regional, and national conferences to grow and shape your leadership potential.
The West Virginia University Greek community promotes each member's commitment to the following:
Independence and Self-Governance
- I believe in self-governance of the chapter (recruitment, ritual, and committees) and of the fraternity and sorority system;
- I will participate fully in chapter and alumni/ae events;
- I will uphold faithfully the traditions and activities of the University by participating in fraternity and sorority, campus, and community events.
Responsibility and Safety
- I will take personal responsibility for and will be accountable for my actions;
- I will serve as a role model by living the ritual every day;
- I will expect others to live the ritual and will hold them accountable;
- I will safeguard the reputation of the chapter and the fraternity and sorority community by keeping careful watch over my personal conduct.
- I will bear an appropriate share of the financial burden of my chapter and the fraternity and sorority system;
- I will follow all inter/national, Panhellenic Association, National Pan-Hellenic Council, and/or Interfraternity Council risk management policies and procedures;
- I will encourage the safe and responsible use of alcohol;
- I will maintain my chapter’s property in a safe and sanitary condition to provide the most positive environment that supports the development of community;
- I will encourage and support chapters who have implemented the substance-free housing initiative in their chapters.