Fall 2020 Operations & Events Guidance
Staff Office Hours
The Center for Fraternal Values and Leadership is located in room 161 of the Mountainlair. During the Fall 2020 semester, the Center will be open daily. To schedule a meeting with a member of staff, please E-mail them directly. They will be able to provide you with their personal Zoom link for virtual meetings.
Dr. Richardson (General inquiries, chapter coaching)
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday by appointment in person between 8:15am & 4:45pm
- Thursday and Friday virtually from 10am-12pm; 2pm-4pm
Katie Moore (Panhellenic & Professional Greek Council)
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1pm-2pm virtually and by appointment
Madison Ware (NPHC)
- Monday and Wednesday by appointment in person between 12pm & 5pm
- Tuesday and Thursday virtually from 12pm to 5pm
Ethan Atkinson (IFC)
- Tuesday and Thursday by appointment in person between 12pm & 5pm
- Monday and Wednesday virtually from 12pm-5pm
Hunter Butkovic (Strategic Initiatives/COVID-19 Response)
- Monday through Friday virtually by appointment
Chapter/Council OperationsThe Center for Fraternal Values and Leadership will be providing support and guidance to all member organizations through the Fall 2020 semester as we navigate the impact of COVID-19. As such, we encourage all students and advisors to stay up to date on the latest developments posted on the Return to Campus Website.
Chapter/Council leadership should take note of the specific guidance below:
- Fraternity and sorority business operations (executive meetings, chapter meetings, council meetings, etc.) will be held virtually via Zoom for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Recruitment/intake and new member education activities should also occur virtually where possible. IFC, Panhellenic, PGC and NPHC will provide more guidance about informal and primary recruitment directly to member organizations.
- Any activity/event that must occur in person needs to follow the Student Organization Operations and Events Guidelines posted online. Student leaders from all organizations reporting to the Center for Fraternal Values and Leadership will be required to meet with Dr. Richardson to plan in-person events no less than 14 days prior to their planned date of execution.
- Social functions will not be approved in the Fall 2020 semester as current social distancing, occupancy and crowd gathering restrictions do not provide a feasible setting where student safety can be maintained.
- Group travel is also prohibited. This does NOT mean that individual members cannot attend events/programs sponsored by their inter/national organization. It does, however, mean that collective group travel (by bus) is not permitted.